Missile Defense Systems
Our customer is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. The company provides combat proven state-of-the-art electronics, and a broad range of mission support services.
Services Provided by Sparton:
The longtime customer of Sparton partnered with the manufacturing team in Plaistow, NH to manufacture a part used in mission critical components for sensing systems for fire control units.
- Precision mechanical assemblies that operate in extreme environments
- Point-to-point and power testing
- Pressure and leak testing
- Design and engineering services
- Customer site training and collaboration on hydraulic testing
The supply chain team faced the crucial task of significantly reducing the final cost of the assembly provided by Sparton. They pinpointed several key areas where this could be achieved, while maintaining equivalent quality and delivery including:
- Streamline the supply chain to eliminate non value-add providers.
- Qualify potential suppliers in order to capture material cost reductions
- Identify components where long-term contracts would result in a cost savings
This careful examination of the supply chain generated a $298,000 cost savings for the customer. Historically, Sparton had been able to grow this customer by providing unsurpassed quality and on time delivery. By adhering to the principles of continuous improvement, additional ways to benefit the end-user were uncovered.